Got a sexual health question? You can talk confidently to a SHINE SA nurse for free on the Sexual Healthline.
Call: 1300 883 793
Country callers: 1800 188 171 (toll-free)
Line is open Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 12:30pm
You can contact the Sexual Healthline about any sexual health issue, including:
- testing and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections
- pregnancy testing
- safer sex information
- emergency contraception
- unplanned pregnancy information and counselling
- contraception: The Pill; Implanon; IUD; Depo injection; Condoms
- sexual difficulties
- sexual diversity, sexual and gender identity
- rights, responsibilities and the law
- puberty issues
- sexual abuse and assault counselling
- Hepatitis B vaccination for eligible people under the SA Health High Risk Hepatitis B program (not including occupational or travel vaccinations)
The Sexual Healthline nurses can also put you in contact with health services in your area.
An interpreter can be arranged free of charge if required.